Firsts are always fun, but when it comes to the first real estate report of the year, we get pretty excited. Today, we have your first Canton, Michigan real estate report for 2015! Home sellers will be especially excited about these numbers!
According to the latest market data, the average price per square foot for Canton homes has increased year-over-year, even as the total number of home sales has decreased.
Meanwhile, the median home sales price also has shown gains in the last year.
What Canton Home Sellers Should Know About the Market
Here’s an overview of the current condition of the Canton housing market:
- Currently there are 353 homes for sale on the market, including 184 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between September and December, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $109, up 1.9 percent from the same period last year.
- Also, the median sales price for Canton homes was $221,000 based on 211 home sales.
- Compared to a year ago, the median home sales price increased 13.3 percent, or $26,000.
- And the number of home sales decreased 39.7 percent.
- Here’s how other communities stacked up in terms of median sales price:
- Northville: $310,000
- Livonia: $153,000
- South Lyon: $225,000
- Farmington: $159,900
- Novi: $257,500
- Plymouth: $244,900
- During the week ending on Dec. 24, the average listing price for Canton homes was $264,102, up 0.4 percent from the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $263,000.
- Broken down further, the average listing price for a 2-bedroom home was $189,353
- The average listing price for a 3-bedroom home was $206,420
- And the average listing price for a 4-bedroom home was $352,298
- Here’s how other communities compared when it came to average listing price:
- Northville: $520,744
- Livonia: $166,696
- South Lyon: $407,536
- Farmington: $142,622
- Novi: $339,015
- Plymouth: $329,510
Our Specialty: To Get You the Price You Want for Your Canton Home
As you can see, it is a great time to be a home seller in Canton MI. In fact, it is an AWESOME time to be a home seller in Canton – and Plymouth and Northville, too! If you’re ready to list your property on the market, please contact us at The Bittinger Team by telephone at 734.459.2600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There’s never an obligation when you contact us, but what you will always get is great information and advice from our friendly team members!
Until next time,
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!