It’s certainly been a great month for home sellers on the Canton, MI real estate market, at least according to the latest data.
Evidently, the average price per square foot as well as the median homes sales price showed year-over-year increases.
Interested in learning more about the current state of the market and how it may impact you as a seller? Continue reading!
What Every Home Seller Should Know About Canton Market Activity
Here’s an overview of the current state of the local housing market:
- Currently there are 336 homes for sale on the market, including 137 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between March and June, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $109, up 1.9 percent when compared to the same period last year.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price for homes was $194,000 based on 155 home sales.
- Compared to the same period last year, the median home sales price increased 2.1 percent, or $4,000.
- And the number of home sales decreased 46.4 percent.
- Here’s a look at how other communities compared when it came to median sales price:
South Lyon: $241,000
- Meanwhile, during the week ending on June 3, the average listing price for Canton homes was $282,013.
- Compared with the week before, the average listing price increased 0.2 percent, or $667.
- Here’s a breakdown of the average listing price in Canton, by number of bedrooms:
2-bedroom homes: $149,928
3-bedroom homes: $211,388
4-bedroom homes: $381,963
- Here’s how other communities stacked up in terms of average listing price:
South Lyon: $444,216
How Can We Help You Sell Your Canton Home
We are your dedicated Canton REALTORS and we would love to assist you by answering any questions you might have as well as providing you with some valuable home selling tools.
Contact us today to get the home selling process started with a free home evaluation!
Until next time,
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!