The latest market data shows that the median home sales price has increased – but the total number of home sales has actually decreased.
If you’re in the market for a Canton home for sale, we invite you to continue reading to learn more about the current state of the market.
An Overview of Canton Housing Market Activity
Here’s what every home buyer and seller should know about the current state of the market:
- Currently there are 450 homes for sale on the market, including 195 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between August and November, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $118, up 5.4 percent from the same period last year.
- Also during that time, the median sales price for homes was $232,000 based on 14 home sales.
- Compared with last year, the median home sales price has increased 5.5 percent, or $12,000.
- And the number of home sales has decreased 96.5 percent.
- Here’s how other communities stacked up when it came to median sales price:
- Plymouth: $253,000
- Livonia: $197,500
- Northville: $390,000
- South Lyon: $265,000
- Farmington: $160,500
- Novi: $227,000
- During the week ending on November 4, the average listing price for Canton homes was $269,894.
- This average listing price was down 1.8 percent (or $4,828) from the previous week.
- Here’s how other communities compared in terms of average listing price:
- Plymouth: $336,952
- Livonia: $176,805
- Northville: $433,883
- South Lyon: $305,703
- Farmington: $194,025
- Novi: $332,535
- Broken down further, the average listing price for a 2-bedroom Canton home was $157,006.
- The average listing price for a 3-bedroom Canton home was $230,136.
- And the average listing price for a 4-bedroom home was $347,909.
We’re Your Dedicated Canton MI Real Estate Experts
Please connect with us, Bittinger Team, Realtors, for more valuable information on the current state of the local housing market here in Canton, Michigan and how it may impact you as a home buyer or seller.
We’d be happy to assist you by offering you frank advice, valuable insight and useful resources.
Until next time,
Bittinger Team, Realtors
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!