Just like in neighboring Canton, the Plymouth Michigan real estate market is seeing some strong gains in the new year, even as the number of home sales has declined year-over-year.
For instance, both the average price per square foot as well as the median sales price have increased over the last year.
If you are a home owners thinking about listing your property, please read on to understand the current state of the local housing market.
An Overview of the Plymouth Housing Market
Here’s a look at recent activity on the local housing market in Plymouth:
- Currently there are 218 homes for sale on the market, including 40 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between September and December, the average price per square foot for Plymouth homes was $147, up 0.7 percent from the same period last year.
- The median sales price for homes in Plymouth was $244,900, based on 97 home sales.
- Based on the same period a year ago, the median sales price increased 6.5 percent, or $14,900.
- And the total number of home sales decreased 50.5 percent.
- Broken down further, the median sales price for 2-bedroom Plymouth homes was $220,500
- The median sales price for 3-bedroom homes was $243,250
- And the median sales price for 4-bedroom homes was $305,000
- Here’s how other communities compared in terms of median Sales price
- Northville: $310,000
- Livonia: $153,000
- South Lyon: $225,000
- Farmington: $159,900
- Novi: $257,500
- Canton: $221,000
- During the week ending on Dec. 24, the average listing price for Plymouth homes was $329,510, up 1.4 percent from the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $325,860.
- Here’s how other communities compared when it came to average listing price
- Northville: $520,744
- Livonia: $166,696
- South Lyon: $407,536
- Farmington: $142,622
- Novi: $339,015
- Canton: $264,102
Allow us to Help You With All of Your Housing Needs
As you can see, home sellers have a great opportunity to get a great price for their home, although it certainly helps to work with a qualified REALTOR who can expertly market your home.
Contact us at The Bittinger Team today if you’re interested in listing your property anytime soon on the local housing market. Reach us by telephone at 734.459.2600 or by email at email@example.com.
Until next time,
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!