When you decide to either buy or sell a home, you might think that it won’t be challenging to do it yourself. With the information and endless resources found on the internet so easily accessible, listing a home or searching for one to buy seems like something you could do on your own.
Truth be told, you’re right – it is certainly something you can do by yourself, but that doesn’t mean you should. Buying or selling a home is a serious transaction that involves a lot of emotional and financial stress. Realtors are trained and highly-skilled experts who can make the process a much easier experience for you, help you fill your wants and needs, and likely get you a better deal.
- They have the education and experience already. Rather than spend the time trying to research or learn the ins and outs of real estate, a Realtor already has the knowledge and experience necessary. They understand the complicated jargon that comes with real estate. Save yourself some time and hire someone who is already well-versed in the field.
- They will look out for you financially. Unlike your average real estate agent, Realtors belong to the National Association of Realtors, therefore they are required to abide by a strict Code of Ethics. Not only are they experts at what they do, they are also contractually bound to do everything in their power to protect and look out for you financially.
- They stay up to date on the ever-changing industry of real estate. The laws, standards, regulations, and practices in the world of real estate are constantly changing, and Realtors stay informed on these changes.
- They have access and knowledge beyond what you can find on the internet. Realtors are well-informed about neighborhoods, from demographics to crime rates and quality of school districts. They also have greater access than you do and are able to see listings before they go public.
- They can handle the things you either don’t want to handle, or don’t know how to handle. Realtors know how to weed out potential buyers who might not be serious, saving you loads of extra time and energy. They also know how to handle pushy sellers who might make you feel pressured during an open house. Don’t forget about the overwhelming paperwork from purchase agreements and disclosures.
- They know the market, and they know people. Attorneys, mortgage brokers, interior designers, home stagers – a Realtor’s network is endless, and you’ll likely have access to that network through your relationship with them. Realtors are also well-informed of current market conditions, which will help you find the best deal.
- They are experts at negotiation. The emotional attachment you have toward a home can oftentimes cloud your judgment when it comes to negotiation. A Realtor is trained to get the best deal, and they can negotiate without the emotional attachment. They’re also trained to handle the sometimes intense situations that arise during the negotiation process.
- They have plenty of reasons to provide you with good service. Realtors receive a majority of their business through referrals. If they provide you with poor service, you’re less likely to recommend them to someone else in the future. The future of their business is dependent on their reputation, and this will motivate them to make sure you have a good experience.
Despite the endless information and resources that are available, having the added edge of a Realtor on your team during the home buying or selling process pays off in many ways.
Are you searching Southeast MI homes for sale? The experienced and reliable team at Bittinger Team, REALTORS is dedicated to helping our clients through each step of the buying and selling process. Contact us today!