The snow has finally melted, the birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, and spring is here! The change in seasons brings with it the yearly spring cleaning wave – a time for everyone to spruce up their homes and rid their space of the dust accumulated over the long and cold winter months.
The team at BestMichiganHouses.com doesn’t just love helping our clients find houses in Plymouth, Canton, and Northville, MI. We also love providing maintenance and care tips for homeowners as well. Here are some spring-cleaning hacks that will hopefully save you money and time as you look to tidy up this season.
- Freshen up the cleaning products. Have you ever thought about the cleanliness of the items you are using to clean? Don’t forget to give your sponge, dishwasher and garbage disposal some TLC too.
- The dishwasher doesn’t just clean dishes. It can also clean sponges, refrigerator shelves, plastic toys, contact cases. Take advantage of this easy cleaning process by running some of these items with your next load of dishes.
- Reserve an area for inevitable clutter. Keep the spring cleaning process organized by reserving a space for clutter, such as a spare closet, bedroom or in the corner of your living room. A good spring cleaning takes a couple days, this way you’re not creating a bigger mess!
- Make your own cleaning supplies for getting rid of dust. You don’t have to go out and buy expensive cleaning supplies to get the job done. Own a pair of tongs? Wrap microfiber towels around each side and use it to dust off your blinds. You can also use fabric softener sheets and old socks or mittens.
- Keep track of time. Be mindful of the time you are spending on one task by timing yourself. This will help keep your chores more manageable, and it even might help to motivate you in the future if you know just how much time it really takes to clean the bathtub or vacuum the living room.
- When life gives you lemons, use them to clean. Put lemons, salt and a couple ice cubes in your garbage disposal to freshen it up. You can also rub lemons on your stainless-steel faucets to make them shine again.
- Focus your efforts. Spring cleaning can often be a time-consuming chore. It helps to focus your efforts on one area at a time – if you’re on a big time crunch, focus specifically on the main areas that are most visible to guests first. This takes off the pressure you might feel to do it all at once.
- Get the family or your roommates involved. The more the merrier! More hands helping to clean will get the job done faster, and everyone is guaranteed to have more fun when they’re doing it together.
Despite what you might think, spring cleaning doesn’t have to break the bank or consume your free time. With these simple spring cleaning tips, the process of getting your house bright and tidy for the new season is easy. If you’re on the market to buy or sell a home, Bittinger Team, REALTORS is equipped with the skills and knowledge to make the process as easy as possible. Contact us today!