If you’re asking yourself, “Should I buy a house in 2019?” you’re not alone. Maybe you’re looking towards this year as the one in which you will fulfill your dream of home ownership, but you’re worried about taking the plunge. There are always reasons to be cautious, but there are also a number of reasons why 2019 is going to be a great year for buyers in the housing market.
Here are some of the reasons why 2019 just might be your year to search for, and buy, your dream home.
Should I Buy a House in 2019?
The short answer is, YES. Here’s why…
- Rent is only increasing. As home values go up, so does rent. While many people think that renting will save them money, this isn’t usually the case – rent is higher than it’s been in the last couple of decades. If you’re paying, it might as well be for your own mortgage.
- The housing market has recovered. Many people are worried about purchasing a home in our current market, and for good reason. The 2008 financial crisis left Michigan reeling. However, the market has recovered and we only expect it to further bounce back in 2019.
At BestMichiganHouses.com, our team of Southeast Michigan Realtors can help you decipher our complicated housing market and set you on the path to home ownership.
- Beat the rise in interest rates. Securing a lower interest rate is crucial to keeping your house payment affordable. The interest rate can mean the difference between being able to buy your home or not being able to. If you want to secure the lowest interest rate, you should act now. They are rising, but we are still seeing some of the lowest rates that we have seen in decades.
- Home inventory is increasing. There is an increase in homes on the market, meaning that it is a good time for sellers to start searching. Additionally, the amount of homes is expected to increase in 2019.
- Home prices are starting to level off. One of the best reasons to buy a home in 2019? Housing prices are finally starting to stay level after years of rapidly rising prices.
If you still have doubts, that’s okay! A little caution is always a good thing. Please feel free to contacts us at BestMichiganHouses.com where our highly qualified team of Realtors will be happy to answer any and all questions you might have.
The Bottom Line:
While there is no time like the present, we at BestMichiganHouses.com want to help with any doubts you may have. We understand that buying a house is a major commitment. While we believe that 2019 is an excellent time to begin the search for your dream home, our first priority is helping you make the decision that’s best for you and your family.